How to create API requests?
You can find all the SendFox API Endpoints here - https://sendfox.helpscoutdocs.com/article/135-endpoints
This is an example of how to create an API request using Postman app.
1. Create the Request in Postman:
- Click on "New", add the request name and collection, and click Save.
- Log in to your SendFox account and go to your Account Settings --> API
- Click on Create New Token and add a name
- This will give you a Personal Access token so copy it from there as this is the only time you will be able to see it.
- Go back to Postman and click on Authorization tab
- From the dropdown menu select OAuth 2.0
- Paste the Access token you generated from SendFox
- If everything was done correctly, you should see the green dot on the Authorization tab.
3. Write the request
Now you can create GET/POST requests as you like, here's an example of how to create a request which will add the email address and first name to a specific list in SendFox.
For this specific example, we will need to create POST request with additional parameters that will add first name and push the contact to a specific list.
- Select POST from the dropdown menu, and add this URL - https://api.sendfox.com/contacts
- Add the email as a "Key" and enter the email address as a "Value"
- Do the same for "first_name"
- Now you need to specify a list, and to do that, first go to your SendFox account in Lists tab
- Click on the list you want, and copy the List ID from the URL like this:
- Each list has it's own unique value, so just make sure you're using the correct one
- When you have the List ID, head back to Postman and create another parameter like this
- Just keep in mind that your list will have a different value, so you will need to add your own there.
4. Test the request
After you've done all this, click on Send to test the request and you should see the response like this:
And if everything was set up correctly, you should see that email in your SendFox list:
With this method, you can set up any POST/GET request, just check this article to see all the endpoints you need to use - https://sendfox.helpscoutdocs.com/article/135-endpoints
And if you have any additional questions, feel free to reach out to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org